A WorkOne Success Story: Rodney Honn
[caption id="attachment_6118" align="alignleft" width="163"] Rodney Honn, WorkOne Customer[/caption] THE CHALLENGE The shocking news of the permanent closure at St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer left 20 year employee, Rodney Honn, facing job loss. B ...   Read More »
The shocking news of the permanent closure at St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer left 20 year employee, Rodney Honn, facing job loss. Being out of the job market for so long he wasn’t sure how to go about finding a new job. He had experience while working at the college in maintenance, janitorial work, and general labor. He needed assistance to align the skills he already had with a suitable job for him that was close to home. His first step was going to WorkOne for additional help and resources to get on track to finding a new job.
Honn worked with a career advisor to brush up on job readiness skills that included assistance with using the computer, practicing interviewing, and forming a resume. An opportunity became available for Honn to participate in a Work Experience (WEX) program at a local manufacturing company, DuPont Nutrition and Health, as a Production Helper. Being placed in a new industry and working environment gave Honn the opportunity to develop new skills to help him transition into a career in manufacturing.
As Honn’s Work Experience came to a close, there were no available positions in the department he was in. The employer was so pleased with his work ethic and skills that he was kept on full-time through Manpower and moved to the Sanitation Department.
- Health Fair and Hiring Event welcomes community crowd
- Adult Learning Centers Provide Essential Tools for Region Residents
- Blair Milo, Secretary of Career Connections and Talent, visits Jasper and Starke Counties to Highlight Programs for Hoosier Workers and Employers
- US News: Bridging the STEM Skills Gap Involves Both Education and Industry Commitment
- WorkOne helps veteran make career change with training opportunity
- Announcement of the 2018-19 Northwest Indiana Workforce Board Officers